Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear Downy,

In my last post I wrote about getting caught up on life. When I wrote it I felt nostalgic and passionate. As I sat at this desk and reviewed all those amazing moments last year brought my life I cried great tears of joy.
Today as I write my I'm crying a different kind of tear, because today I realized now that I'm caught up on life I need to get caught up on laundry.

Disclaimer for my In-Laws: I promise they're clean and will get
put away eventually. Hopefully before your next visit.  

I know what you're thinking. "How can someone that's such an incredible writer be such a horrible house keeper?"Okay so maybe you weren't thinking that but if you were here's the thing. I'm so in love with my babies and my husband that I can barely breathe when I'm away from them. The mantel of Mommy and Wife is one I wear very proudly, it's my life's work and my greatest talent. Erma Bombeck said "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me." Someday when I stand before my maker, I hope I can look back on my life and say, "God you gave me talent, and I used it everyday, I gave it all to my family and I wouldn't have it any other way." And when I'm gone my children will think fondly of the days we shared together. Hopefully,with a little luck, the piles of unfolded laundry will fade from their memories, replaced instead with spur of the moment theme dinners, costumes, and goofy faced pictures snapped with camera phones.


Or maybe they'll remember our first annual Boys V Girls Gingerbread competition. The one that still doesn't have a winner because all of our visitors say "I'm not sure guys, they're both equally amazing" when they're dragged over to compare and judge as soon as they walk through our door. (Please feel free to end our feud by voting in the comments field. All results will be strictly confidential. Well at least to the kids, you can be sure I'll be gloating around Ken when you declare the girls the winner.)

In case you couldn't tell which is which the girls have the
snowy cottage on the left-the boys are the modern car condo on the right.
I'm not sure but that may be the Michelin Man standing guard.
So maybe I'm not so great about laundry. Who needs wrinkle free clothes anyway? I've got a great life doing what I do best and every busy mommy's secret weapon.....

 So if you read this please take my advice. Let your house get dirty once in a while. Kick your heels up and live a little. Loosen that tie and go dance with your wife, put down that parenting book and enjoy your kids. Let the laundry go and buy some wrinkle releaser. There is time for work tomorrow.

P.S. I was not paid by Downy to post about their wrinkle releaser, but if someone from Downy should read this we might be able to work something out. "Will post for free wrinkle releaser" hint hint......

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, keep living, loving, crying and writing. PS precious moments of life are fleeting, laundry just keeps on reappearing.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete