Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

Seriously...... It's freezing.
Old Man Winter is visiting the land of sunshine today, greeting us Floridians with icy kisses and wintry breathe. Usually his arrival sends me scurrying to the computer, searching for tropical destinations,balmy breezes, and sun soaked skin, but not this time. Maybe it's the season, or maybe I'm just more appreciative this year, but I feel like I'm getting reacquainted with an old friend.

Last night we tucked the all the A's into warm beds, grabbed the baby monitor and the camera and hightailed across the golf course behind the house for a little Mommy/Daddy quiet time. You see I'm a white light kind of girl. Give me some white icicle lights, some pine boughs, a few red bows, and I'm happy. Not my husband. His Christmas Nirvana flashes, whistles, and glitters, all synchronized to Christmas carols. In his Christmas fantasy inflatables would fill our yard, and a huge animatronic elf would wave a sign that said "Santa Stop Here." So we had a little clandestine light looking, and as we peeked over the fence that separates us solidly middle class folk from the big boys on the lake I think we may have found a good compromise.

















I'm sure it will only take 10 or 15 years to save enough money for our own little piece of Holiday Heaven.

So today finds me cold but content, finding it impossible not to smile when the A's looks so adorable all bundled up in hats and mittens. My little burritos with rosy cheeks and cherry noses, and how can you not be in the Christmas mood when there's a chance we might see......Dare I say it?
Yes I do.....SNOW!!!!!!! 

The sky is dark, the wind is blowing, the temperature is dropping, and tonight my babies will look to the heavens and wish.

Coming this week- Gingerbread Cottages- Boys v Girls





No comments:

Post a Comment